TERI GREEN OLYMPIAD 2021 EXAM BY CBSE
Green Olympiad is a value-driven project conducted by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) for school students annually since 1999. This Olympiad assesses the environment quotient of students and also enhances their understanding of issues related to sustainable development. Students from classes IV to XII can participate in this Olympiad. This examination is Multiple Choice Questions based on environment and sustainable development and draws its linkage with UN Decade of ESD and Global Action Programme (GAP).
What is the registration process For Teri Green Olympiad 2021?
GREEN Olympiad 2021- 2022 - Registration form for Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4
Individual Registration - Schools / Students can register for GREEN Olympiad only if students have a valid and unique email ID. It is compulsory to have unique e-mail ID for students because information related to the examination will be sent only on this ID. Read More Details Individual Registration
Registration Process For School - Schools will have to fill the registration form theme-wise. However, they can fill in the details of all the students at multiple levels at a time. Read More Details School Registration
What Are the Dates of Teri Green Olympiad 2021?
1. 10 - 21 November 2021: One theme (Environment and Sustainable Development)
2. 6 - 17 December 2021: Two themes (Environment and Sustainable Development; and Green Skills) (Students will choose their examination date and a slot at the time of registration)
Mandatory Requirement for Teri Green Olympiad?
To register students must have a unique and valid email id
No. of Questions
Medium of Examination
What are the Registration Fees For Teri Green Olympiad 2021?
- One theme (Environment and Sustainable Development): Rs 100/- for students enrolled in schools based in India / 4 USD for students enrolled in schools based outside India.
- Two themes (Environment and Sustainable Development; and Green Skills): Rs.150/- for students enrolled in schools based in India / 6 USD for students enrolled in schools based outside India
- All participants will receive certificates.
- Merit and distinction certificates will also be awarded based on performance score
Specific instructions for individual/school registration:
Schools will have to fill the registration form theme wise. However they can fill the details of all the students in multiple levels at a time.
Individuals are free to choose either environment & sustainable development theme or both the themes (environment & sustainable development and green skills) in their form.
Schools can enter details of maximum 100 students per theme at a time. In case there are more than 100 students, they will be required to fill another form/s accordingly. This arrangement is undertaken to control the backend technical issues.
There is no upper limit for individual students from the same school.
Students should have a unique email id during registration. Email id of parents / friends / siblings is acceptable, only if it is not used for this year’s registration. Schools and coordinating teachers’ email id is only required where asked in the form.
Students should have a unique email id during registration. Email id of parents / friends / siblings is acceptable, only if it is not used for this year’s registration by any other participant.
Schools will have to select a single date and time for all their students to appear for their examination. The date and time slot selected by the school/s will NOT be changed in any circumstances.
Students can choose a convenient date and time in the application form. The date and time slot selected by the participant/s will NOT be changed in any circumstances.
Teacher coordinators will receive certificate of appreciation.
No certificate will be issued to teachers.
During filling the registration form and making payment, an amount of INR 5/- or USD 0.50 per student (towards expenditure for coordinating the online examination at school level) will be automatically retained by the school/s.
No such deduction will occur in individual registrations.
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPERS AND KNOWLEDGE BOOKS
Download the Sample Questions and Answer Keys and know your score.
General Instructions for Green Olympiad
Schools / Students can register for GREEN Olympiad only if students have a valid and unique email ID. It is compulsory to have a unique e-mail ID for students because information related to the examination will be sent only on this ID.
GREEN Olympiad 2021 will cover two issues of topical interest:
(i) Environment and Sustainable Development
(ii) Green Skills + Environment and Sustainable Development
Questions related to the following sub-topics will be covered:(i) Environment & Sustainable Development: Water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, forests, biodiversity, health, climate change, traditional wisdom, and other issues related to sustainable development.
(ii) Green Skills: 21st century skills, green infrastructure, , circular economy, agriculture, forestry, oceans, fisheries, renewable energy, biofuels, packaging and processing, green technologies, green jobs and policies.
GREEN Olympiad examination will comprise of multiple choice questions. There is no negative marking.
Schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can register for this Olympiad.
Individual registrations from students will also be accepted.
Students from Standard IV – XII can appear for either one or both themes in the following levels.
(i) Level 1 - Std. IV & V
(ii) Level 2 - Std. VI, VII & VIII
(iii) Level 3 - Std. IX & X
(iv) Level 4 - Std. XI & XII
- The duration of the examination is 60 minutes, and the language will be in English.
- Students can appear only on the chosen date and time, which cannot be changed later under any circumstances.
- Schools/students are requested to check the project website for regular updates
- A computer/Laptop with a high-speed internet facility should be available for students to appear for this online examination.
- Results will be available online. All registered participants will receive a certificate of Distinction/ Merit/ participation based on their performance immediately after the examination.
Last date for Registration: 30th September 2021
For further information please visit the project website www.teriin.org/olympiad or contact at +91-112468 2100, 71102100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org